Working At Heights Awareness
This Working At Heights Awareness training course is for groups of up to 12 delegates at your site or premises which must be suitable for delivery of training, if unsure please contact our office for futher details.
This Working At Heights Awareness course is for all employees who work at height or supervise/manage those who work at heights.
To comply with The Work at Height Regulations 2005, employers are to ensure that a sufficient risk assessment is carried out so that all potential work at height risks are effectively identified controlled and managed. Every employer must also ensure that employees are appropriately trained to ensure that they can carry out their work safely. This Working at Height training course helps you to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005 by providing employers and employees with the necessary information needed to be able to successfully deal with working at height risks and control measures. This includes an understanding of how to undertake a working at height risk assessment, how to use access equipment safely and how to ensure that employees can reduce their risk of falls from height.
- HSAW ACT 1974
- The Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Understand the legislation surrounding work at height and how this relates to them.
- Understand the categories for safe work at height and the potential loads imposed on the equipment used: Work Restraint, Work Position, Fall Arrest
- Understand equipment standards and how they relate to user demands and their expectations.
- Be able to carry out and understand the importance of pre-use inspections and checks.
- Understand the importance of mandatory inspection and record keeping by an impartial competent person.
- Understand the implications of being suspended in a harness and the importance of rescue provision when working at height.
- Have an awareness of the planning and selection of methods of work at height.
- Be able to plan and select the correct equipment for a given task.
On completetion all delegates will have a good basic knowledge of working at heights & Health & Safety Including their obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
A Working At Heights Awareness certificate is issued to all candidates on completion valid for 3 years. Annual CPD is required following this course to ensure all candidates ongoing commitment to learning.
Working At Heights Awareness Courses held in Birmingham, Hereford, Worcester, Oxford, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Nottingham, Leicester, Leeds, Sheffield, Wakefield, Doncaster.
We take direct payment for all our courses before completion via VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS.