Safe Vehicle Loading & Unloading
The certify Group Safe Vehicle Loading & Unloading training is a group booking for up to 8 delegates at your site or premises which must be suitable for delivery of training, if unsure please contact our office for futher details.
This half day loading and unloading course aims to instruct the operators, supervisors & managers in the correct safety procedures for the loading, unloading and securing of plant machinery prior to or following transportation by road.
- INTRODUCTION: Facilities and housekeeping, Objectives, Health and Fitness Statement.
- LAWS AND STANDARDS: Legislation Health & Safety & Work Act (HSWA) 1974 Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations (MHSWR) 1999 Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) 1998 Lifting Operations Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998 Work at Height Regulations (WAHR) 2005 Road Traffic Act 1991 Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986
- RISK ASSESSMENT: Risk Assessments, Hierarchy of Risk Assessment for Load and Unload, Personal Protective Equipment
- VEHICLE TYPES: Types of Vehicles
- VEHICLE LOAD: Vehicle Inspection, Inspection of Item to be loaded, Positioning the Vehicle to be Loaded, Vehicle Inspectorate Plate, Load Calculation, Load Calculations & Positions, Forward Projecting Loads, Rear Projecting Loads, Large Loads, Checks Before Moving Off, Large Loads, Load Distribution, Vehicle and Load Weights
- LOADING: Loading, Loading Hazard, Grounding Hazards, Crushing Hazard, Winching
- SECURING : Load Security, Securing Equipment, How to Secure Load, How NOT to Secure Load, Secure Load? (Be sure!)
- UNLOADING: Unloading, HOW and WHY did this happen, Multiple Loads.
- SUMMARY : Do’s and Don’ts
- This course covers practical and theory aspects of loading and uloading.
It can be held at a suitable premises with access to your equipment for practical demonstrations. Price quoted is for training up to 8 delegates.
PPE must be worn by all delegates for the practical aspects of this course.
On completion all succesful candidates will recieve a certificate of competence which is valid for 5 years. Annual CPD is advised to be undertaken by all candidates within the 5 year validation period.