RF Awareness Training
- To give the delegate a good practical understanding of RF Radiation issues for those persons working on or near buildings, structures or masts.
- This 1 day course will enable correct and informed decisions to be made with regard to personal RF safety.
RF Training Course Content
Radio Waves and Channels
- What are radio waves?
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Controlling radio use, the role of the regulator
- Radio bandwidth and channels
Noise and Interference
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- The Cornerstone of All Data Communications: Shannon’s Law
- The Thermal Noise all Around Us
- Man-made Noise
- Impact of Rainfall
The Language of RF
- DeciBels, dB, dBm, dBw, dBi
- Antennas: dipole and isotropic and antenna gain.
- The importance of RF Planning
- What is involved?
- How is RF Planning performed?
What is Radio Frequency Radiation?
Radio Frequency radiation (RF) is electromagnetic radiation, fields and waves in the frequency range 0-300GHz. RF radiation is also referred to in guidance and standards as electromagnetic fields (EMF).
• Basic understanding of RF energy definition
• What is non-ionisation radio frequency radiation
• What radio frequency non-ionisation is not
• What harm can it do?
• Effects on the human body
• Procedures to take if exposure is suspected
• Exposures to RF – Hazard areas and signage
• Instrument Operation & Scaling
This course is tutor led classroom based only.
We take direct payment for all our courses before completion via VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS.