This HSE compliant Fire Safety Training Course is designed to provide employees with knowledge of the risks associated with workplace fires.
We are fire safety training specialists
Under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (RRO), a responsible person within your company/organisation MUST carry out a fire risk assessment, produce a fire emergency plan, and implement and maintain a fire risk management system.
Our public and on-site fire safety training courses have been designed to provide you, and your company, with the knowledge and understanding of fire safety required to ensure you meet or exceed your legal obligations.
It goes into detail about the causes of fire and what appropriate fire safety precautions and fire evacuation procedures should be in place in your business.
Certify Group understand that knowledge & training on fire safety is incredibly important, as failure to comply with government fire safety regulations could potentially lead to prosecution, fines or legal claims.
Fire safety training is therefore compulsory for all organisations.
- Ensures compliance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by RoSPA
- Fully tutor led course and assessment
- Full practical demonstrattion of fire fighting equipment*
- Approximate duration: 2-3 hours
- On successful completion, certificate presented to the learner
Who Should Take This Fire Safety Course?
Under government legislation, all employees are required to take adequate fire safety training, regardless of the industry they work in. This online fire safety course provides suitable training for all levels of employees, including managers, supervisors, full-time and part-time staff.
People in charge of fire risk assessments and fire evacuation procedures require fire warden training, as well as practical training in using firefighting equipment.
Employers are required to ensure that all new employees undergo fire safety training when they first start work and that existing employees have their training refreshed if any new fire risks are identified by a risk assessment.
Do You Comply With Fire Safety Regulations?
Duties are imposed on employers by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, the Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006 and the Fire Safety Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2010.
These Regulations state that, in England and Wales, all employers, owners, landlords or occupiers of business or non-domestic premises are known as the ‘responsible person’ and are required, by law, to provide staff with information and training on fire safety.
Regulation 21 of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 specifically states that ‘the responsible person must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate safety training (a) at the time when they are first employed; and (b) on their being exposed to new or increased risks.’
The course is divided into four presentation modules and also includes delegate assessment at the end.
- Introduction to Fire Safety – importance of fire safety awareness, the fire triangle, types of fire, fire safety law, and how is the law enforced?
- Fire Safety Responsibilities – employer duties, fire risk assessments, fire wardens, and employee duties.
- Fire Safety Arrangements – good housekeeping, fire detection and warning systems, emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, fire extinguishers, and employee training.
- Fire Evacuation Procedures – evacuation, Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans, and fire drills.
Aims of the Training
By the end of this course learners will:
Courses held nationwide.
Contact Certify Group for further information via our contact page.
We take direct payment for all our courses before completion via VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS.