Fire Warden/Marshall for Care Homes
This Tutor led course is aims to provide knowledge and understanding of fire prevention, evacuation protocol and using fire extinguishers to people working in care homes.
The Fire Warden/Marshal course covers the elements to comply with The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, which requires employers to designate fire marshals (Fire warden). The Fire warden/Marshal is trained to assist in emergency fire evacuation procedures at businesses and other organizations.
- Chemistry of Fire
- Common Causes of Fire
- Basic Safety Features in Buildings
- Introduction to Fire Extinguishers
- What to do in Cases of Fire
- Current Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Risk Assessment
- Fire Statistics
- Preventative Measures
- Safety Features within Buildings
- Role of the Fire Marshal
- Action on Fire Discovery
- Fire Drills and Evacuation
- Fire Extinguishers
- Pre-Engagement Action
- Using a Fire Extinguisher
About the course
A ½ day multi-media course of 4 hrs duration where staff will learn the essential duties of Fire Wardens/ Marshals in residential care homes / nursing homes and be provided with the knowledge, skills and abilities to undertake their duties competently and confidently.
Delegates receive a certificate of attendance and the course is approved by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers for up to 15 delegates per session.
½ day presentations are also available for construction, healthcare, hotel and school sectors.
The course is approved by the Institute of Fire Safety Managers (IFSM) and staff receive individual certificates of attendance.
In-house course only
Maximum 12 delegates held on the client’s premises throughout the UK – please ask for details and date availability.
Requirements – a training room large enough to accommodate the number of attendees. Certify Group will provide projector, laptop and screen for the presentation elements and fire extinguishers for the practial outdoor element.
Who should attend?
Fire Wardens and staff working in residential care homes.
Fire Warden Approved Certificate.
Benefits to you and your organisation
On completion of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand legal fire requirements for healthcare establishments
- Understand dependency levels of patients
- Understand people’s behaviour during a fire
- Be aware of personal emergency evacuation plans for the disabled
- Know the options in the evacuation of the disabled
- Carry out efficient and effective fire evacuations of premises
- Understand what causes fire and how it develops and spreads
- Assess what size fire they can safely deal with using appropriate fire-fighting equipment
- Confidently operate portable fire-fighting equipment
- Move in a smoke filled environment more confidently.
This course has an approximate duration of 4 hours and the assessment method is multiple choice questions
On successful completion of the course you will obtain a certificate.
This course is accredited by the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents RoSPA.
We take direct payment for all our courses before completion via VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS.